The Woolley’s team are qualified gas fitters with the experience and equipment to install and service all your gas appliances to meet manufacturer specifications.
Our gas fittings services include:
- Installation and repairs to gas appliances including heaters, ducted heating, hydronic boilers, Type B gas appliances and hot water services
- Gas connections
- Gas detection equipment
- LPG and Natural Gas appliances
- Gas stove repairs & replacements (domestic & commercial)
10 Facts About Natural Gas
- Natural gas is lighter than air.
- Natural gas has no smell, but a pungent fragrance is added so you can smell even a tiny leak.
- All gas appliances have to be approved and certified for use, to ensure their safety.
- It is estimated that Australia has more than 800 trillion cubic feet of gas resources (enough to power a city of 1 million people for 16,000 years).
- Natural gas is also called methane.
- Gas appliances not serviced can become dangerous. Service every 2 years at a minimum.
- Natural gas is the third most important energy commodity in Australia, providing an estimated 20% of Australia’s energy requirements.
- Natural gas is not the same as LPG or bottled gas, appliances can only use one or the other.
- There are more than 33,000km of high-pressure steel pipelines in Australia, of which more than 25,000 kilometers are used for natural gas transmission.
- Only a qualified gas fitter can work on gas appliances, or install gas lines.