We know that accidents don't always happen during business hours. We offer a 24 hour emergency plumbing service, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
For responsive, professional service, call Woolley’s Plumbing on 1300 367 626.
10 Facts About Water
- 65% of Melbourne’s water is residential households, 40% of that water is used in the bathroom.
- Australians are among the world’s top water users. Two-thirds of people, in the world, use less than 60 litres of water a day, but the average Aussie uses twice that amount in a single shower.
- In 2012 the average daily water use in a Melbourne household was 149 Litres per person.
- Only 1% of all the water on the earth is suitable for drinking.
- Melbourne has some of the highest quality drinking water in the world, and the best in Australia.
- Generally Water boils at 100 degrees Celsius and freezes at 0 degrees Celsius.
- Most of Melbourne’s drinking water comes from protected catchments – forested areas to the north and east of the city that stretch along the Great Divide. The catchments cover an area of 156,700 hectares.
- Most mature adults lose about 2.5 to 3 litres of water per day. Water loss may increase in hot weather and with prolonged exercise.
- Hot water must be stored above 60 degrees Celsius, to prevent harmful bacterial growth.
- The human body can last weeks without food, but only days without water. The body is made up of 55 to 75 per cent water.